Dr. Clovis Stair, Supervisor
Andrew Johnson Building, 8th Floor, Phone (865) 594-1515
Our mission in the Psychological Services Department is to facilitate positive change and enhance learning and emotional well-being through assessment, data-driven decision-making, and collaboration with stakeholders, enabling students to successfully transition into adulthood. We believe in the unique potential of our students, families, and school communities and therefore hold ourselves to high ethical standards always acting in the best interest of the student.
As psychological services personnel, we believe the role of our department is to:
- Strive to enhance learning opportunities of students through communication regarding strengths and needs
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop effective learning communities within a continuum of services through data-driven decision-making
- Participate in professional development and disseminate knowledge, skills, and resources
- Review and assess the needs of the student that impact the educational experience, including motivation, cognitive skills, emotional state, cultural background, and family and health factors
- Analyze and interpret data for the purpose of assisting staff in developing effective academic programs and positive behavior interventions
- Foster positive and cooperative relationships between special education and general education
- Assist students to enhance their academic and social/emotional development
- Successfully transition students through their academic career and into adulthood
Links to websites outside the Knox County School System web site do not imply endorsement of those sites, nor any products, approaches, or ideas, etc. found at those sites but are provided as a source of information that might be helpful when considering a student's learning needs.
No "Announcements" exist(s)